LOW COST SPAY & NEUTER
We offer low-cost spay and neuter services at the Western Riverside County/City Animal Shelter.
WHY YOU SHOULD SPAY OR NEUTER YOUR PET
Happier Healthier Lives!!
Spaying and neutering are vitally important in helping reduce pet overpopulation. Millions of animals end up homeless. 5 to 7 million lost or unwanted dogs and cats enter animal shelters every year. Only 10% of animals received at shelters are spayed or neutered, yet the cost to alter a pet is less that the cost of raising a single puppy or kitten for a year.
HEALTH & BEHAVIOR
- Reduces the risk of prostate cancer
- Eliminates the risk of testicular cancer
- Reduce the desire to escape or roam
- Stops spraying
- Reduces mounting behavior
- Reduces the risk of breast cancer
- Eliminates the risk of uterine and ovarian cancer in female dogs
- Ends crying, pacing and efforts to get outside to find a mate when in heat
- Eliminates the risk of Pyometra, an infection of the uterus.
4 to 6 months
- Age cats can become pregnant with their first litter
2 to 4 months
- Age puppies & kittens can and should be safely spayed or neutered.
- Spaying a female dog or cat before the first heat cycle almost eliminates their life long risk of breast cancer.
- Healthy, older pets can be altered at any time.