WHY YOU SHOULD SPAY OR NEUTER YOUR PET
Happier Healthier Lives!!
Spaying and neutering are vitally important in helping reduce pet overpopulation. Millions of animals,end up homeless. 5 to 7 million lost or unwanted dogs and cats enter animal shelters every year. Only 10% of animals received at shelters are spayed or neutered, yet the cost to alter a pet is less that the cost of raising a single puppy or kitten for a year.
HEALTH & BEHAVIOR
- Reduces the risk of prostate cancer
- Eliminates the risk of testicular cancer
- Reduce the desire to escape or roam
- Stops spraying
- Reduces mounting behavior
- Reduces the risk of breast cancer
- Eliminates the risk of uterine and ovarian cancer in female dogs
- Ends crying, pacing and efforts to get outside to find a mate when in heat
- Eliminates the risk of Pyometra, an infection of the uterus.
4 to 6 months
- Age cats can become pregnant with their first litter
2 to 4 months
- Age puppies & kittens can and should be safely spayed or neutered.
- Spaying a female dog or cat before the first heat cycle almost eliminates their life long risk of breast cancer.
- Healthy, older pets can be altered at any time.
LOW COST SPAY & NEUTER
We offer low-cost spay and neuter services at the San Jacinto Valley Animal Campus and the Western Riverside County/City Animal Shelter.