TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read carefully before signing your application.
I have answered the questions above truthfully and completely. I understand that although RCDAS carefully screens animals for foster care placement, it makes no guarantees related to the health or behavior of an animal. I understand that I receive foster care animals at my own risk, and can reject or return any animals for which RCDAS has asked me to provide care.
• I understand that, although a foster animal from the RCDAS is in my care, the foster animal is the property of RCDAS, and that the animal(s) shall be returned to RCDAS upon request, or if I am unable to adequately care for the animal(s).
• I understand that as a foster parent, I do not have any right or authority to keep the foster animal(s), place the foster animal(s) in other homes, or to place the animals with other individuals unless I have permission in writing from the RCDAS foster care coordinator.
• I understand that it is occasionally necessary to euthanize animals that have been in foster care. This is at the discretion of RCDAS, although it is an option of last resort.
• I am not taking a foster animal for any other purpose than to provide temporary care for the animal(s).
• I understand that RCDAS will provide free veterinary care for foster animals during regular business hours. If I choose to take foster animals to a private veterinarian, I will not be reimbursed for any of the costs involved.
• I understand that I will be required to provide transportation to and from the shelter for my foster animal(s). This may require multiple trips for veterinary care.
• I understand that RCDAS has the right to refuse the opportunity to foster animals to anyone and can terminate a foster application at any time.