The Temporary Assignment Program (TAP) recruits and hires temporary employees for all County departments. Most TAP employees are hired as "Temporary Assistants" and fill assignments for many of the job classifications listed in our job descriptions. TAP assignments are a great way to learn about working for the County while working on a temporary, at-will basis. During their assignment, many TAP employees find the County is a great place to work and seek permanent, full-time employment through our regular competitive selection process.
Applicants for TAP assignments must meet the same requirements as applicants for regular positions, which means they must meet all minimum job qualifications, pass any required exams, and undergo a background check and physical examination/drug screen.
Depending on the needs of the particular department and assignment, the length of the assignment can vary but typically lasts for six months. Employment is "at-will," which means the employee can be released at any time for any reason or no reason.
TAP employees do not receive the benefits that regular employees receive. The TAP Pay Rate is set at 5.5% less than the pay established for the regular job classification.
Instructions for Applying to TAP Positions
- Click below to access the Temporary and Per Diem Job Openings page. Once here, scroll down until you see the job description you are interested in.
- Click on the job description.
- When the job description opens, you will see "Apply" on the right hand side.
- Click on "Apply"
- It will open up to where you will need to put in a user name/e-mail address and establish a password in order to sign-in.
- You must TYPE in your resume. It does not allow for copying, cutting or pasting. The system does allow you to upload a resume.
Once this is complete, your name will be submitted for the TAP recruiters to review your resume and schedule for testing.