Art Submission Guidelines
- Only original artwork accepted, all pieces must have been completed by submitting artist.
- Animal themed art is not a requirement; we welcome all types of art.
- Artists may submit more than one entry, but please completely fill out an entry form for each piece including size by width by height, medium, name of piece, and artist information i.e., name, phone, email, etc.
- TEACHERS you may add your information along with your STUDENTS parents information, i.e. phone, email and address to reach the family in the event that their art is selected as a winner in the contest.
- Entries may be in any medium of the artist’s choice (sculptures, oil, water color, pastels, pencil and ink, charcoal, photography, jewelry, etc.)
- Adult artwork must be on good quality bond drawing paper, illustration board, canvass, etc. Please do not laminate or photo copy artwork.
- Adult work must be matted or framed. Matted artwork is preferred for all work but not required for students.
Not all artwork will make it into the live/silent auction. You will be notified if your piece is accepted and sent an invitation to attend the event.
Children’s Artwork - All artwork will be judged by a panel of artists and Animal Services staff. Work will be judged based on the following criteria:
Categories - Kindergarten– 1st Grade, 2nd-3rd Grade, 4th-6th Grade, Middle School, High School, Adult and Students/Adults with Disabilities. Only winners and their teachers will be invited to the award ceremony, date and location to be determined.
The Department of Animal Services reserves all rights to reproduce entries for any purpose and retains those rights after the original art has been sold. Judges’ will determine which pieces are selected for the live and silent auctions. Animal Services assumes no responsibility for lost or damaged artwork. Entries will not be returned.
NOTE: Due to the success of the live/silent auction held on TBD at the Showcase Theater at 3635 Market Street, Riverside, CA 92501 time TBD. Remaining art will be sold to volunteers, employees, and the public – date to be determined. We will NOT be having an online auction.
Please mail or hand deliver artwork to one of these shelter locations. Mail: Attention Candace Falkenstien.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION ENTRIES HAS BEEN EXTENDED THROUGH MAY 25TH!
Entries must arrive at any of the county’s four shelter locations by 4 p.m. May 18th, 2018. Late entries will not be accepted.
Western Riverside County/City Shelter
6851 Van Buren Blvd.
Jurupa Valley, CA 92509
Coachella Valley Animal Campus
72-050 Pet Land Place
Thousand Palms, CA 92276
Blythe Animal Shelter
245 S Carlton
Blythe, CA 92225
San Jacinto Valley Animal Campus
581 S. Grand Ave.
San Jacinto, CA 92582